It has been a long time since we have posted anything to the blog. Since the last blog we have been very busy. Jackie is now working full time downtown. I am also "working" four days a week as a Ski Patroller up on the Mountain.
The last two weeks have been clear, sunny, windy, and cold. The temps have been around 20 degrees and winds anywhere from 30-50 mph with gusts as high as 90 mph. The strongest gust recored in this area was on top of sheep mountain at 150 mph!!
The wind was still blowing today (30-40 mph) but the temps have warmed slightly. Today it was in the upper 20's but near 37 degrees downtown! The days are getting longer and it is starting to feel like spring. It is now light until almost 6:30 pm and the sun rises about 6:30 am. The sun now is high enough above the mountains that direct sunlight is reaching our house and melting snow on the roof.
Today Barley and I ventured out to Eagle Beach to take some scenic photographs of the mountains. Here is what Eagle Beach looked like today.
Here is a view of the Chilkat Mountains from Eagle Beach.
| Here is where Barley and I had lunch. Not a bad view... |
A close up of the Chilkats.
Barley on the beach.
View of the coastal mountains.
I thought these were interesting looking peaks.
Driftwood on Eagle Beach.
Just another day at the beach!
Barley posing for the camera!
Winter in South East Alaska!
Your mountain pictures kill ours by the university! I still appreciate our far-off mountain views, but I can't deny how beautiful and breathtaking the close-up ones in this blog post are. Gotta add it to the list of places to go.... :)
ReplyDeleteGood to see you are soaking up the view.
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way, I laughed that it's been in the 20s yet you say its feeling like spring! :-P
ReplyDelete