Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Camping out the Road- Boy Scout Beach


While Pat had his last weekend of ski work/class, Barley and Jackie headed out with some friends for a hike out to the Boy Scout beach area and camped for the night. The weather cleared up throughout the evening, and the Northern Lights even came out!


Nice spot to camp.


Barley and I had done a ski tour up Eaglecrest in the morning, so he was EXHAUSTED after the hike out to the beach as well.


Guarding his stick and the beer.



Collecting some wood for the fire and prepping the coals for the dutch oven.


Marissa soaking up the sun.





 Dinner in the Dutch Oven.



Sam and Ragtime, yes, that is indeed a dog.


Sam and Marissa share some dinner and the view. The sun finally sets around 9:30.


Getting fire crazy with some drift wood.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful spot! Your friends' dog is probably Derek's dream dog - big and fluffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard catching King salmon is fun too.
    I mean, if you're into that kinda stuff.

    ReplyDelete